The School Council comprises of children from year groups 1 to 6.
Each class has two representatives, who have been voted in by class.
What does the School Council do?
- become a spokesperson for their class
- meet regularly to discuss discuss all the great things about the school and share with each other what could be even better
- discuss current topics
- gather ideas from their class about certain aspects of the school
- speak to visitors
- show visitors around
- run whole school events
- support school fundraising
At each meeting there will be a chairperson and a note-taker.
Each class has a School Council recording book. This is where the members can record their classes view on a particular subject, e.g. litter around school. Then they will share their classes views and opinions with the rest of the school council.
Agenda items for upcoming weeks:
- litter around the school
- potential names for the EYFS/Yr 1 building
- walk around the school - highlighting all the positive aspects and discussing what could be even better
- deciding on a whole school event
I am looking forward to working with this group of children over this coming year.
Miss Chatfield - School Council Lead